Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Edit Freak, Guilty as Charged

Friend: The newspaper had great content today.
Me: We spelled Red Bull two different ways (Red Bull and Redbull) in headlines!

My new most favorite Web site in the entire world: The Slot

Check it out. If you are even slightly sane and not a copy editing freak, you will probably not appreciate, but if, y'know, you're a copy editng freak, you might enjoy.

And while I'm at it, we'll add Bill Walsh's books to my Chanukah/really early birthday wish list. I mean how great is a book that is called Lapsing Into a Comma? It's just awesome. Awesome, I say.

And now I'll put on my glasses and suspenders and enjoy my geekiness...

3 Comments:

At 12/1/05, 6:10 AM, Blogger Keren Perles said...

You want the sad truth? I've visited The Slot many times.

I think we'd better stop talking about this or we'll scare all the non-geeks away.

 
At 12/1/05, 8:41 PM, Blogger Chana said...

This is no stranger than the title of Andrew Bird's album (I have never heard of him, but my friend loves him-)

"The Mysterious Production of Eggs"

so "Lapsing into a Comma" is much saner than that...

 
At 12/1/05, 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how does this stuff actually get published - seriously how boring must these people's lives be..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home