Thursday, November 10, 2005

On iPods, Ayn Rand, and Being an Older Sister

I am at school, working on an extra-curricular that desperately needs to get done, or more accurately playing a fierce game of Trivial Pursuit (which I lost miserably) at a hectic office in which said extra-curricular will not be finished till very, very late. I had already sold my soul to my parents for an iPod earlier in the same day. My phone rings.

Me: Hello?
My sis: Hi, Eli7, I need another word for 'sufficient' for my college essay.
Me: Umm, why don't you check the thesaurus?
My sis: I already did.
Me: And you thought I would know more words than the dictionary because... ?

My phone rings again.

Me: Yeeees?
My bro: Hi, Eli7, so, can you compare Ayn Rand's philosophy on the role of the individual to Torah's philosophy for me?
Me: [insert Bro's name here], do you really think that I sit in school twiddling my thumbs just waiting for you to call me up for homework help?
My bro: Yes.

Some random person at office: You're so mean.

3 Comments:

At 11/10/05, 1:05 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Yeah, it's not like you're doing anything productive anyway; you're just playing board games and procrastinating!

Some big sister you are!

 
At 11/11/05, 10:05 AM, Blogger Sara said...

While you weren't all that busy, I know how it is. (I'll be writing my sister's bat mitzvah speech this weekend.) Still, I love them and often find myself settling down by the phone and asking "Okay, what do you have so far?" It's nice to feel needed. Isn't it?

 
At 11/13/05, 11:17 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Now she's too busy to answer our comments...at least we can take solace in knowing that we're in good company ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home