Deep Thoughts of the Day: The Back in NY Edition
I'm leaving today
I want to be a part of it, New York, New York"
- Things that make me happy: a monthly unlimited MetroCard, black Old Navy flip-flops (am mildly disturbed by the fact that I wrecked a pair in less than three months).
- I am too old to live at home, though it is nice to come home to a kitchen that I don't have to stock
- I am out of the family loop ("Oh? You didn't know your cousin is seven months pregnant? Oops, forgot to tell you.")
- There is nothing that will make you be happier that you keep kosher than watching people prepare and eat crabs. Eww. Gross.
- Note to self: Do not forget that your yeshiva-educated self is no match for people educated in other venues when playing Trivial Pursuit. It is an embarrassing revelation every time.
- I sort of want to go out and buy school supplies except that I don't have school to go to. Right.
- Watching movies and packing do not mix.
- First days at new jobs = overwhelming.