Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Copy-Editing Heroine

"One of the great things about being a copy editor is freedom from vulgar desire for public recognition."

A friend and I have had an ongoing conversation in which I insist we could make a movie with a copy editor heroine. And though she quite validly points out this problem with that conception, I'm just saying it can be done. Copy editors are quite heroic, in my humble opinion.

But seems someone beat me to it and wrote a novel in which the copy editor is the heroine and in which grammar plays a large role. I am psyched.

Money quotes:

"It’s hard not to love a book in which grammar features as a clue to the identity of a killer."

"Grammarians, rejoice. You finally have your own sleuth."

"[A]nd reinforces the fact that copy editors do it all with style."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home