Thursday, August 16, 2007

Nothing's Right, I'm Torn

"Well, if that's love, it comes at much too high a cost."

It's not fair. It's not fair that no matter what I'm going to do I'm going to hurt somebody I love. It's not fair that there's no way around it, that it's not logical or reasonable and can't be rationally argued, that I don't know enough of what's going on to make any sense of it, that everyone has imposed restrictions on themselves that make the whole thing impossible. And it's not fair that I get stuck in the middle and have no way to resolve anything and will probably end up hurting everybody in trying to hurt nobody. It's not fair.

(Bonus points if you know where the title is from.)

3 Comments:

At 8/16/07, 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't tell me you borrowed your title from Natalie Imbruglia :-P
First, sometimes you don't know b/c you don't want to know or get in the middle; sometimes you don't know b/c supposed confidants are secretive. Second, Switzerland called - it wants its co-called neutrality back. Third, maybe it's time to learn to lie..or maybe just "selectively inform"?

 
At 8/16/07, 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a situation where I feel that way. No way not to hurt anyone. It's tough.

The title's from Defying Gravity. I cheated and googled it.

 
At 8/17/07, 7:12 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

I was recently in such a situation. It's very, very painful (which I don't need to tell you, as I'm sure you know, I'm just saying it anyway).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home