Thursday, March 15, 2007

Kindly Refrain From Mentioning My Seniority


I've told a few people recently that they should avoid being second-semester seniors because it's no fun. It's not fun because I'm nervous about the rest of my life. Not fun because I'm sad about leaving Columbia. And New York. Not fun because leaving the nice little cocoon that is college is terrifying.

I don't want to be a real person. I don't want to have to find an apartment and pay for rent and utilities and health insurance.

Today was one of the first real spring days and I just got back from hanging out on the Low steps. I'm going to miss sitting on the steps of Low Library with friends at 2 a.m. (and 3 a.m. and 4 a.m. and 5 a.m.). I am going to miss Columbia's campus and the lights on the trees on College Walk that go out at midnight. I am going to miss walking home through the sprinklers on College Walk that go on at about 4 a.m. I'm going to miss the inverted sleep schedule. The sweatshirt-and-jeans (skirt) dress code. The late-night procrastinating with friends instead of doing work. The coffee and,well, coffee diet.

I'm going to miss this place. A lot.

1 Comments:

At 3/16/07, 11:15 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

I missed college when I graduated. At least you got the full four years; I was only in school for two and a half after Israel credits.

The real world is soooo not worth rushing into.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home