Sunday, February 25, 2007

Headlines on Wikipedia, Peeps, and Looking Good

  • Students complain that their college won't let them use Wikipedia as a source. Are you kidding me? Middlebury College won't let students cite random information they've found on the Internet that has a decent potential for being wrong and students complain!? Pardon? Will they start complaining that the college doesn't let them cheat off their friends next?
  • A professor writes a book, How to Talk About Books You Haven't Read? A cheaper alternative to the Columbia Core Curriculum.
  • Washingtonians aren't just obsessed with politics. They care what they look like too. Go figure. Them and the rest of the country.
  • I'm not going to lie, a Peeps diorama contest scares me. A lot.

2 Comments:

At 2/27/07, 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eli!

Wikipedia is definitely not a trusted source and I agree 100% that it has no place being quoted unless substantiated.

As for talking about books you haven't read, I don't think most students need any help with that. I spent many years, including a literature degree, doing just that and was never pulled up. The back cover and introductio are the best places to start and if you want to be really convincing just throw in a few random quotes and page numbers for good measure! Try it, it works!

Oh, and since I am your most frequent commentator I think you should make a point of answering or at leat acknowledging me!

Byeeee!!!

 
At 2/27/07, 7:47 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

Oddly, this makes me feel better. I thought only Stern girls were so stupid/lazy that they thought Wiki was a valid source, and it was something of an embarrassment to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home