Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones...

"I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
And in short, I was afraid"

Last week, I told someone that I didn't like something she had worked on. It's something I do all the time at the newspaper where I work. And it wasn't even a little bit malicious; I asked her to fix it because I thought it was ugly (I use the word ugly very loosely--words are often ugly to me as are fonts and paragraph breaks and headlines...). The point being it was a very, very minor criticism, something I didn't even remember doing.

But I found out today that the girl I said it to has been worried about it for days and has been obsessing over the fact that I didn't like her work.

Lesson of the day: be careful what you say, someone might take it personally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home