Saturday, March 18, 2006

Random Thoughts: The More Fun Than Writing My Paper Edition

Random thoughts of the day (because blogging is so much more fun than writing a paper at the tail-end of Spring Break):

  • When your parents ask you how you think they should deal with your teenage sister, they are not asking for nor should you give a comprehensive answer on your philosophies on parenting and your sister.
  • Also, not the best idea: telling your parents you're writing a paper about how evil they are for not letting you apply to college Early Decision. Even if you are.
  • If a boy dressed up as a JAP for Purim (which I think is hilarious just by the way) by borrowing clothing from his sister, what does this tell you?
  • Grandmothers think their grandchildren are awesome. This tells you absolutely nothing about said grandchildren.
  • If one applied for a very specific summer job, what would posses that same organization to offer her a completely different summer job which she is neither qualified for nor wants?
And now back to writing a paper on how evil my parents are (shh, just don't tell them).

4 Comments:

At 3/18/06, 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know, I've heard of better places to hide secrets than a thinly veiled blog.

 
At 3/18/06, 10:13 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

J, being that I already told my parents about the paper--many times, in fact, because I find that fact sorta amusing--I think it's ok to mention here. And much as I tried, it's not really about how evil they are anyway. Maybe next time.

 
At 3/19/06, 8:28 AM, Blogger Michael said...

As funny as a guy dressing up as a JAP may be, does the issur of beged isha not apply on Purim?

Grandmothers think their grandchildren are awesome. This tells you absolutely nothing about said grandchildren.
Oh, but it does! It means they have adoring and loving grandparents!!! :)

 
At 3/19/06, 8:33 AM, Blogger Eli7 said...

My father asked the same thing about beged isha. And while I certainly can't pasken, a friend of mine wanted to wear a yarmulka as part of her costume for Purim when we were in seminary. She asked a rabbi who told her that it was ok so long as it was blatantly obvious that she was actually a girl and it was a costume (i.e. she was wearing a skirt, so all was good). I don't know if the same applies in this case, but it might.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home