Saturday, February 25, 2006

No

I said no.

It was a plea that I had heard before, that I had answered before. A plea I've become more used to than I would like to be.

And it wasn't that I couldn't answer yes or even that it would have hurt me to say yes. It would not have. And I still don't want to see the reprecussions of my answer.

I could have been the knight in shining armor who made it all better--for a day. But I know better than that, know that giving in wouldn't accomplish anything in the long run, know that sometimes when you dig your own grave you have to sleep in it too.

So, I said no. It haunts me now and I don't know how it will turn out or if I made the right decision, but I said no.

5 Comments:

At 2/26/06, 8:29 AM, Blogger Devorah said...

Hmm. I'm thinking of two possibilities. One involving a certain "daily" and the other involving a "dozen" children? Am I close?

 
At 2/26/06, 9:47 AM, Blogger Keren Perles said...

I guess #2.

Not a guess. A statement.

 
At 2/27/06, 2:23 PM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

No clue what this is about but good for you!

 
At 2/27/06, 3:30 PM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

very cryptic but good on you.

 
At 3/1/06, 1:56 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

Only two of the commenters know me, and neither of them knows what the post is about. Yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home