Sunday, January 08, 2006

Who am I?

My new Facebook profile (I know, I know, it's a waste of time, but it's Winter Break, I'm allowed to waste time):

"I believe that everyone should have the self-confidence to dance alone in her bedroom in her underwear. I believe you should feel small when you stand beside the ocean. I believe that my friends have left handprints on my heart. I believe that three inch heels are worth the pain. I believe that siblings can be the biggest of pains and the best of friends in the same breath. I believe that the mind is an amazing thing. I believe that we can change the world. I believe in the power of writing. I believe I can be anything I want to be when I grow up. I believe in God."

There was a lot more which I had to cut for lack of space, but I wonder if it captures what I wanted it to, if it captures a small part of who I am. Hmm. I wonder is a silly profile of a few lines on a silly thing like an online community (what does that mean anyway?) can even try to capture who a person is. I wonder.

7 Comments:

At 1/8/06, 4:03 PM, Blogger starbender said...

I believe u'r beliefs R Beautiful!
:)

 
At 1/8/06, 5:31 PM, Blogger Devorah said...

I believe you "borrowed" your style from Savage Garden. I believe you lifted a line from Leann Womack's famous song. I believe this sort of technique is what you refer to as "research"

 
At 1/8/06, 9:41 PM, Blogger Keren Perles said...

She's lifted more than one line. Wicked, anyone?

I still don't agree with you on belief #1. That takes no self confidence. That's just strange.

Na, a facebook profile can never capture who you are. Nothing ever really can.

 
At 1/8/06, 10:05 PM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

Hey, maybe she isnt completely original but lets face it... the choices of what to write to let her personality shine through are still excellent!

 
At 1/9/06, 12:30 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

Yes, I've lifted lines from a bunch of different places (bonus points if you can get em all), because they were things that I found particularly meaningful, and they are things that I do truly believe. Is it my fault if other people believed them first?

 
At 1/9/06, 8:36 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I believe you should feel small when you stand beside the ocean. - imprecise quote from Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope You Dance."

I believe that my friends have left handprints on my heart. - imprecise quote from "For Good" from the Broadway hit "Wicked."

I believe that three inch heels are worth the pain. - I believe that's you, from the summer, as posted here though I could be wrong.

I believe that the mind is an amazing thing." - Seven time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong.

I believe that we can change the world. ...so do I, though I can't find any wiser person to have said that.

That's not all so I don't get the bonus points but maybe someone else can finish up the rest?

 
At 1/9/06, 8:53 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

Michael, good job! You got all the lifted quotes, but one: I quoted "the mind is an amazing thing" from the Savage Garden song "Two Beds and a Coffee Machine." And Devorah was right that the I believe format was lifted as well--from another Savage Garden song, "Affirmation." But you still get the bonus points ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home