Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Mazal Tov Without an Adequate Description

I went to a wedding on Sunday. And every time I try to explain to someone how beautiful it was, I fail. I say that it was beautiful because the bride deserved it so much and because she is the nciest person in the whole wide world and because she cares deeply about everyone she knows and gives her all to her friends always and because she loves with an open heart and takes care of everyone.

And every time I say it, the person I'm talking to nods and says, "how nice," and walks away. But the thing is, that everyone who knows this person, everyone who danced with her at her wedding (and she made sure every single person danced with her) knows that all those things are actually true. I do not know anyone who cares as much as she does, who works as hard to take care of her friends as she does.

At sheva brachos last night, her new husband said that she has told him "you don't give in order to get," and that is exactly what she's all about. I've never seen so many grown-ups cry at a wedding before because I've never known anyone who has touched as many people.

I cannot even begin to describe how beautiful the wedding was or how beautiful the bride was (and by that, I mean beautiful on the inside as well as the outside).

Mazal tov.

4 Comments:

At 1/3/06, 3:11 PM, Blogger Keren Perles said...

And the end of the quote?

"You don't give in order to get. You give in order to get the chance to give more."

That's the Kallah.

 
At 1/3/06, 6:31 PM, Blogger Lawyer-Wearing-Yarmulka said...

How nice...

 
At 1/3/06, 8:59 PM, Blogger Devorah said...

true, true, but can't help feeling small after reading post

 
At 1/3/06, 9:55 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

Devorah, I'll direct you to another blog post
about a certain someone...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home