Monday, December 26, 2005

Be Careful What You Wish For

Vacation. It's what I've been waiting for for a long, long time. It's what I looked forward to during the endless hours of paper-writing and finals-studying that consumed my life these past few weeks. And now it's here. And I'm happy.

And very, very bored. It's not that I don't have things to do--I have stuff to do, lots of it. But somehow this complete lack of structure--this sleep till whenever, nothing to do, and no one to do it with--just doesn't work for me. I don't really want to be back in school yet. I will be ready when it comes I think, but not yet.

I'm just plain ol' bored. Be careful what you wish for, I guess. Ahhh well. If anyone has any good ideas of things to keep me busy, please do let me know.

7 Comments:

At 12/26/05, 3:02 PM, Blogger Keren Perles said...

Call me and play!

Oh, wait. Hold on. I'm not bored. Sigh.

I wish for it too? Even though I sorta have vacation...I graded papers almost all day today...

Can you make yourself a schedule?

 
At 12/26/05, 6:58 PM, Blogger Nephtuli said...

Dating takes a lot of time and, despite all its problems, is rarely boring.

 
At 12/26/05, 8:59 PM, Blogger TRW said...

I can totally relate (to Eli7). Try studying for GREs. It's an...enlightening experience. Especially when you haven't looked at a math problem since 11th grade...

 
At 12/27/05, 5:06 AM, Blogger Karl said...

or pick up a good book/sefer. Learning with or teaching someone else gives you a bit of structure too.
Or you could start preparing for next semester... - nah, enjoy your freedom!

 
At 12/27/05, 9:58 AM, Blogger Lawyer-Wearing-Yarmulka said...

I'm still waiting to for you're 15 random songs on your iPod. Now that you've got plenty of time, you've got no excuse.

 
At 12/27/05, 10:02 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Since you love quotes, here's one that would have been a perfect intro for this post:

"There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it." - Mary Wilson Little.

 
At 12/31/05, 11:55 PM, Blogger Nephtuli said...

Nephtuli - Do you have a boy for her? Unless you do, stop shooting barbs at her.

Uh, I don't really know her, so I kind of can't set her up. I also can't imagine she'd want to get set up by some random guy on a blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home