Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I Planned, and God Is Laughing Now

"There was a time when ...
... the world was a song
And the song was exciting
There was a time
Then it all went wrong"

You know how it feels when everything is going right in your life and all is good and the world is beautiful and happy and exciting? And you know how it feels when that all comes crashing down because of something that had nothing to do with you and you were stupid enough to think you could make it work but you can't and now all your plans are shot?

Ok, so that was a little melodramatic, but it's really frustrating when you have it all planned out and then an unrelated problem (well, actually, she is related to me) comes and messes it up. Really, really frustrating.

But then again, I am a very organized person - the kind of person who planned her shabboses months in advance when she was in Israel - and maybe I sometimes need a reminder that "man plans and God laughs." Well, I consider myself reminded.

3 Comments:

At 8/3/05, 11:32 PM, Blogger TRK said...

I love Mes Lis!

 
At 8/4/05, 9:31 PM, Blogger Keren Perles said...

There was one Shabbos that you didn't plan months in advance -- remember? And you were so good about it...

I sorry, dear...I really really hope it all works out!

 
At 8/5/05, 6:45 AM, Blogger Eli7 said...

TRK, me too!

And hopefully, it's all gonna be ok. I'll know a lil more on Monday, so everyone cross their fingers for me. And I will take a deep breath and be ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home