Wednesday, August 03, 2005

1-800-Rent-a-Rabbi?

Eli7: So, I think I really need a rabbi to ask questions to, etc.
Person I Respect: Any chance you can get married soon and get one that way?
Eli7: Ummm...

Ok, that conversation took place a year and a half ago, and I still don't have a rabbi (I'm also not married, but that's a seperate discussion...). Last night, I had a minor halachic problem which would have been far easier to solve if I had a rabbi. And that's just one minor recent occurence that has made it clear to me that I really do need to have someone I go to to pasken halacha.

Though a co-worker did let me know that there exists a Rent a Rabbi service. But somehow, I'm not exactly sure that that's what I'm looking for...

5 Comments:

At 8/3/05, 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try JemSem's Ask-the-Rabbi, even if you never went to sem in Jerusalem. Everyone says they're a big help!

 
At 8/3/05, 6:51 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

The problem is not that I need someone to call every once in awhile when I have a halachic question that needs answering. The problem is, I need a rav. I need someone I can call when I have halachic or hashkafic issues. I need someone I can call when I need a psak right away. Any suggestions?

 
At 8/4/05, 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your parents' shul rabbi?

 
At 8/4/05, 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Join a shul and develop a kesher with the rabbi. You don't need to be married to have a Rav!

 
At 7/29/09, 12:10 PM, Blogger Rabbi Alan Abrams said...

Feel free to contact me at any time.

RabbiAbrams@q.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home