Thursday, July 28, 2005

Just When You Thought You Knew Everything About Me...

...an interview from NormalJew that has me admitting I'm not perfect and extolling the benefits of spell checker.

1)What is more valuable to you, your spell checker or your calculator? Why?
This one was an easy one: my spell checker! I have abandoned math because it's not something that is logical to me and not something I enjoy. I have handed my sister my beautiful graphing calculator and moved on to the greener fields of of liberal arts. And especially as a copy editor for my campus newspaper and someone who cannot tolerate spelling or grammar mistakes, I think that my spelling checker is a far more valuable tool than my calculator.

2)What was the last mistake you made? Did you fix it?
Don't you know I'm always right and never make mistakes? Ok, so maybe I do, but I'm not going to ruin my reputation and tell you about it. Though twice this summer I decided to walk a fairly long distance in my heels, that was a mistake if there ever was one, and I don't think there is any way to fix my feet...

3)Do you have more than one active email account? Why?
I think as of now I have four e-mail accounts: a school account which doesn't have great capabilities and will be defunct when I graduate, a yahoo account which gets a ton of spam but a couple useful things and which I've had like forever, a gmail account which I love and which I use mostly, and an account for my blog so that I don't have to give away my identity if I don't want to. Really, it would be great to consolidate except that they each serve a different purpose, and checking four e-mail accounts is a great procrastination tool.

4)What was the biggest lie you ever told? Do you regret it?
Did you ever read Eli and his Little White Lie? It's a book about a little kid who tells a lie and how that lie grows and grows and grows. I'd like to believe at least that most of my lies are smaller lies - not teeny-tiny insignificant lies, but pretty small. So, while I do regret lying and I do believe it's something I should not do, I have no fantastic story to tell you about a huge lie, my lies aren't big and ugly, they're "cute little fluffy" ones.

5)If you had to pick, which would you rather be, a fish or a bird? And which kind?
A bird because I can currently swim but I can't fly, and I want to be able to fly. I don't like animals and don't know much about them, so you'll have to be satisfied just with bird and nothing more specific.

Now the rules again:
1) Leave me a comment saying "interview me please."
2)I will respond by asking you five questions (not the same as above)
3)You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4) You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5) When others comment asking to be interviewed you will ask them five questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home