Thursday, July 28, 2005

Exposing Myself to the Web - Another Interview

So, below is my inerview from Leati. I'm not sure about this five question thing, some of these seem like complex questions to me...

What are your hidden talents your friends don't know about?
Hmm. I think I'm a pretty open book to most of my good friends who sometimes know me so well it's scary and who often remeber EVERYTHING I tell them, so I'm not sure what they don't know about me. And if there was something they didn't know about me, well, I'm not sure I'd want to tell the world (or whoever it is that reads this blog).

If there was something you could change about your life, what would it be? Why?
I once asked my father this question and he gave an awesome response. He told me that one is a product of his experiences. What you've done and what you've experienced make you who you are. So, my father said, he likes who he is right now and where he is in life, and therefore, he wouldn't want to change any of his decisions because then he wouldn't be who he is. I'm not sure I agree with the entire line of reasoning and all its implications, but I am happy with who I am and therefore there is nothing I would really change. Even my challenges have in the end made me stronger.

What accomplishment are you proud of most? Least?
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm very snobby about Columbia, and that's because I'm really proud of the fact that I go there. However, getting into my first choice college is not my greatest accomplishment, despite what I tend to emphasize. Honestly, I am most proud of the fact that I've managed to use my time at Columbia to better myself religiously despite what is a negative environment toward Torah. I am least proud of things I feel like I was handed on a silver platter and did not have to work for.

What do you hope lies ahead in 5 years time? 10? 20?
In no particular chronolgical order: a diamond ring, a sheitel, a graduation gown and funny motorboard hat, a B.A., a law degree, a good job with reasonable hours, kids, Beit Shemesh, a book deal (hey why not?)...

But really, what do I want in my future? I want a family of my own, I want a successful though not-too demanding career in which I can accomplish something good. How many years will it take and in what order do I want to accomplish these things? I don't know, I think I'll leave that up to The One.

If you could go anywhere for a day, where would it be and why?
We once had to do this question in my creative writing class in high school and the one caveat was that we couldn't pick Israel because it was obvious that that was where a bunch of frum girls would want to go if given the choice. So, without that caveat, I pick Israel. If I could go anywhere for one day, I would go to the Old City and just spend the day walking around, davening at the Kotel, just being there. I'm getting kinda nostalgic...

Now the rules again:
1) Leave me a comment saying "interview me please."
2)I will respond by asking you five questions (not the same as above)
3)You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4) You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5) When others comment asking to be interviewed you will ask them five questions.

2 Comments:

At 7/28/05, 11:53 AM, Blogger Lawyer-Wearing-Yarmulka said...

interview me please

(this sounds like fun)

 
At 7/28/05, 12:45 PM, Blogger Lawyer-Wearing-Yarmulka said...

Ok, My turn.

1- I'H, your husband makes enough money, so that you working is unnecessary. Do you still work?

2- Name one food you were afraid of, but tried it anyway and liked it.

3- What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done?

4- Describe your ideal first date.

5- Paper or plastic?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home