Monday, August 08, 2005

I Believe You Don't Know What You've Got Until You Say Goodbye

"Someday, when we both reminisce we'll both say, 'There wasn't too much we missed,' and through the tears we'll smile when we recall we had it all for just a moment."

I just said goodbye to some friends who I was so lucky to be able to spend time with this summer,but, as the summer comes to an end, who I have to leave. I have to go, I cannot stay on as an intern in DC forever, I will have to go back to school, to real life or some semblance thereof (though many would argue that college is hardly real life). And I will talk to them on the phone and learn with them and laugh with them, and they will still be there when I need them, and I will still be there for them, but they will be far away from me in miles and that makes me very, very sad.

I love NY and I love Columbia, but there is something so sad about leaving people who you care so much about, about being so close to them and then so far away, about having to say goodbye to friends. I will miss them more than they could ever know. I miss them already.

"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends."

2 Comments:

At 8/8/05, 7:08 AM, Blogger Keren Perles said...

As we go on, we'll remember all the times we've had together, and as our lives change - come whatever - we will still be friends. Forever.

 
At 12/26/05, 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really appreciate people like you who take their chance in such an excellent way to give an impression on certain topics. Thanks for having me here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home