Thursday, July 16, 2009

File This in 'Does the NYT Inhabit a Different Universe?'

Apparently, getting rid of your eyebrows is very fashionable. Where is this fashionable? I have no idea. Not anyplace I've been. Ever.
 
Says the article: "Could no eyebrows be a reflection of economic downturn? ... 'The economic troubles we are facing now open people up to be more daring and willing to don cutting-edge looks,' Ms. McGrath offered." That's right. This is the way my brain works: I'm worried about money. OK, I'll shave my eyebrows.
 
This is one of those times (much like the time the Times ran an article about how chipped nail polish is "part of a deliberate look") when I want to say that of course the NYT is going to die. It is going to die because it has an imaginary, eyebrow-shaving demographic.

2 Comments:

At 7/17/09, 12:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

They found three people. That's all it takes.Right?

 
At 7/26/09, 12:06 PM, Blogger Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

That's gross!

Although I've seen people with apparently no eyebrows that use a pencil liner, does that count?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home