Friday, July 10, 2009

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

Because worrying about bedding is seriously less stressful than worrying about everything else I have to worry about.
 
For the past six years, I have had pink-and-orange-striped bedding. And by that, I mean, my entire room has been pink, orange, and yellow. I have an orange butterfly chair; pink-andorange-striped curtains; pink, orange, and yellow ribbons to hang my pictures from; a pink and orange bulletin board ... It's very pink and orange.
 
It is time for a bedding change. This may or may not have something to do with the fact that my pink-and-orange blanket is, um, actually hole-y (Lesson: Bed Bath & Beyond linens do not have an infinite lifespan) and the fact that getting said linens to L.A. would not be the easiest or cheapest endeavour.
 
So, new bedding. This is not a huge decision and one I am not sure any of you have any interest in being privy to, but like I said, it's way easier to worry about this than about an apartment, a car, furniture, a new city, and school. So, vote for your favorite. If you're still reading this inane post.
 
I  have been eyeing this set for a long time. I sort of like red sheets with black and white, but a friend pointed out that was inadvisable as I would be a life-size newspaper joke—black and white and red all over.
 
I am sort of in love with this set, which has the added bonus that I could use my old sheets with it. Problem: It doesn't come in twin. Which means I'd have to get a full bed, which seems like a large expense just for bedding. Plus, then I couldn't use my sheets with it at all since my sheets are all for a twin bed. But it's pretty.
 
I could always go the school spirit route, but a friend said she might have to stop being friends with me if I did. 

3 Comments:

At 7/10/09, 10:51 AM, Anonymous Devorah said...

I vote you go the school spirit route. "Trojan" emblazoned on bright red bedding - comedians must dream of encountering such a product.

 
At 7/10/09, 3:26 PM, Blogger Scraps said...

You could buy the full-sized set on a twin-sized bed and then the comforter would just be kinda big. That's not the end of the world. And then you could use your old sheets. :)

 
At 7/26/09, 12:12 PM, Blogger Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

the second one looks good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home