Deep Thoughts: The It's Finally Sunny Edition
- If I ever teach a creative writing class, which seems unlikely but you never know, I will give my students an assignment to take Abba's repertoire and write a show with a better—by which I mean even remotely cohesive—plot than Mamma Mia. That said, the Mamma Mia soundtrack does make for an excellent dance/karaoke party at 3 a.m.
- Media Mail is going to be my savior, as it will get my books to my new home without costing a fortune. I'm not really sure how I'll be able to afford to ship all my shoes there, though.
- A copy desk shout-out at Slate's The Big Money! (It's not every day that copy editors get mentioned in print—or the Web equivalent—so this is very exciting.)
- Overheard [in a frum setting]: "So these more modern girls come to the program. I don't mean modern; I mean growing."
- If you're a politician, I don't care whether or not you have had an affair and cheated on your wife. It's a very, very awful thing to do, but I just plain don't want to know. (I know, I know, Michael Jackson's death has totally eclipsed all the other events of last week, so you're reading this and asking what the heck I am talking about.)
- Goodbyes are hard.