Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Life ... By the Numbers

"525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear.
525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.
In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?"

I spent roughly 36 hours this weekend in NYC. So short, in fact, that I didn't tell my parents I was home because I didn't have time to go to Long Island. I have just under two weeks left in D.C. A month and a half of summer left to accomplish all those lofty goals I had when summer was an endless three and half month stretch. About a month and a half till my 22nd birthday and till my sister leaves for Israel for the year. Just under three weeks to what will be a very special day for a very special friend.

I have exactly no clean clothing or sheets or towels. About a million and a half things running through my very confused mind. Library fees that are adding up quickly as my books are in one city and the library in another. A year left till I graduate college. Not a clue what I want to do with my life or what I want from my life. Seven hundred e-mails I don't want to deal with in my inbox.

There are at least two people who I really don't want to deal with (who don't read this blog), three others who I am eternally grateful to, and two others who I need to get in touch with. Soon. Roughly 945 books I have to read before I die. Thirty newspapers I have to cut and paste onto manageable pieces of paper before I leave. Just over two weeks -- and an upcoming four and half hour bus ride -- to survive without music. Two hundred pages of a book I desperately want to finish tonight. A distinct absence of hyphens.

Chaos reigns.

1 Comments:

At 7/19/06, 6:00 AM, Blogger ADMITNOTHING said...

Check it out !

www.toughjews.blogspot.com

You'll be glad you did !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home