Friday, July 14, 2006

Behold! The Power of Blogs

I have a nasty little habit of communicating things to my friends through my blog posts. It's probably not the best way to handle things, but it's probably a lot safer than my caffeine habit (which caused me no end of trouble yesterday during the fast).

Except when I post something about someone who doesn't read my blog and a friend reads it and takes it personally and is hurt.

Blogging is inherently a selfish pursuit. Much as I like it when I see there are a lot of people reading, I'm not doing this for the readers. But I'm also not doing this to hurt the people I care about most.

It wasn't even remotely about her. But she was hurt all the same, and in the larger picture that's what matters. I don't want to hurt my friends through this medium (or any other medium).

And yet, posting personal, emotional things on my blog is part of what I do. I sometimes post disclaimers on the top of posts which I think can be misconstrued; maybe I have to be more vigilant on that front, try a little harder to see how things could affect others. For now, this is just a reminder to myself and an apology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home