Friday, May 05, 2006

Sappy, Sappy Fluff, Read at Your Own Risk


This
is the cutest article ever. Especially the audio video. OK, maybe not ever--my defenses are probably down being that I barely slept and just wrote a paper in two hours on a book I haven't read in a year. (The scary part is that as of now I'm convinced that it was a good paper too.) But really, the article almost made me cry. Ok, fine, I haven't actually read the whole article but I skimmed it and watched the slide show and THAT almost made me cry. Almost. For the record, I did not actually cry. And maybe I'm just a sucker for little 5-year-old ballerinas especially when it's a human interest story about doing the impossible and reaching for your wildest dreams, but well it's sappy and it made me happy. And that's a good thing, I think. You should read it, if y'know, you're a sucker for 5-year-old ballerinas too.

2 Comments:

At 5/6/06, 6:48 PM, Blogger bellanny said...

I saw the article. I was surprised to see it on the front page and the picture caught my attention. The most endearing part of the story is that these little ballerinas all have physical handicaps. Maybe I'll comment further after I read the whole article.

 
At 5/7/06, 1:03 PM, Blogger bellanny said...

This teacher gave little kids a chance to live their dream and be like every other little girl their age. After everyone else turned these girls away they were finally given a chance to shine.

In case you missed it, there was a picture of a student trying to soak up the sun on the Columbia lawn (5/5 B5). He was wearing a pair of shorts, using his briefcase as a pillow, laying spread eagle with his eyes closed, and was balancing his open laptop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home