Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Decipher the Cryptic Blog Post ... or Not

Random things that are really bothering me, some of which I can only refer to in semi-cryptic terms:

  • I have a test on Thursday. First of all, I am a liberal arts major, which means I shouldn't have tests now. Second of all, I have done no reading for said test.
  • I have no summer job and no options. I have no clue what I should do.
  • I am still trying to find my place, painfully conscious of my predecessor's failings and the fact that I need to do one better than that.
  • But I want to do my job without worrying about whether it appears that I'm slacking.
  • Awkwardness (I don't think that's a word, but it should be) is no fun. Waiting is no fun. Confusion is no fun.
  • Housing is WAY too complicated and I don't want to hurt anyone but I don't wanna be hurt and I just wanna have a kosher kitchen and a single. Is that so much to ask?
  • I'm so proud of so much of who I am and what I believe, but there are still things I'd rather hide.
  • I care too much about what people who shouldn't matter to me think of me.
  • Things I don't want to know: details about relationships and drunken escapades of other college students. I'm a good Michlala girl. There are things I just shouldn't know.
  • If I don't study for the LSATs, I will not get into law school, and then I will be a bum with a pretty Columbia degree, which is written in Latin and which I can hang on my wall, but no job and no money and I will have to live in a box on the street in Florida with my sister.
  • It is 5 a.m. I have class at 11. I have done about 1/3 of the reading for said class.
  • And I've been having trouble sleeping.

4 Comments:

At 2/14/06, 6:04 PM, Blogger Devorah said...

Touche on the summer job beg-a-thon. And on it's oh-goodness-friggin-late and I'm still up (Property reading at 4 a.m. today was an interesting experience.) And don't worry, you know you can at least BS your way thru an exam in any liberal arts class ;-)

 
At 2/15/06, 8:29 AM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

Not cryptic at all. Sounds like a lot is going on. I am sure it will all settle down eventually.

 
At 2/15/06, 7:20 PM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

well...then
dont let me waste your time...
go hit those books..!

 
At 2/22/06, 5:21 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

Basically what bothers every other person on the planet! Welcome to the group.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home