Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Voting Machines: Another Reason NYC Is Better Than L.A.

Today, I, like all good citizens (in states with primaries today), performed my civic duty and voted. (Also, I really like getting an "I voted" sticker.) Do you know how the county of L.A. votes? With punch-cards that have chads. Chads!

Apparently, this has at least something to do with election rules that require paper trails and so make electronic voting complicated. But aside from the fact that pulling a lever (the non-electronic method employed by The City on the better coast from which I hail) feels that much more dramatic than punching a bunch of holes, doesn't anyone in California remember the 2000 elections?

Chads? Seriously?

(Though, New York seems to be getting rid of those levers, which also do not keep a paper trail. Tragic.)

2 Comments:

At 6/8/10, 10:08 PM, Blogger Shira said...

You voted for Whitman and Fiorina, I presume :)

 
At 6/9/10, 9:01 AM, Blogger Eli7 said...

Oh, Shira, you know me so well :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home