Monday, April 26, 2010

Deep Thoughts: The Skinny Jeans and Tzitzit Edition

The great thing about having a smartphone is that you get to do things like blog while waiting on a ridiculously long line for the coffee you absolutely need to survive. Except that then you get your coffee, and the post ends up lost in your e-mail drafts until you have a procrastinating urge. So, updated and a few days late but here it is:

  • Skinny jeans and hanging-out tzitzit: not cool.
  • If you get a parking ticket while in the Coffee Bean near my apartment, you get a free coffee. (Luckily I do not know this from personal experience but from watching it happen to someone else.)
  • I need to come up with an exit strategy for Shabbos meals that last 5 and a half hours. The company was nice, but that is just way too long.
  • Why do people not read Craigslist ads before responding? No, you cannot take my spot on the lease, much to my chagrin, if you do not keep kosher and don't even know what it is.
  • Also, as I was recently reminded by my sister, courtesy of Legally Blonde: "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." So, I am starting to run (which is, um, a generous term for it) in the hopes that happy people who exercise also don't kill their roommates.
  • I have the most amazing friends in the world who send me homemade cookies and cards and other gifts from the better coast.
Update:
A gchat conversation with my sister in response to this post:

Sis: let's start running together :)
me: um sure
one problem
Sis: you cant run?
you dont have sneakers?
you already killed your roommates so you don't need to run anymore?
me: we live in different states

2 Comments:

At 4/27/10, 3:55 AM, Blogger K said...

I'll believe it when I see it.

 
At 4/27/10, 5:47 AM, Blogger Greg Finley said...

I hear you on that "living in different states" thing. My family is always like, oh, we didn't tell you about the new dog/car/crippling disease?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home