Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Deep Thoughts: The Broken-Heel Edition


So, I have been delinquent on the blogging front lately, which is what happens when you have crazy finals followed by a crazy intense trip to the East Coast. Currently, I am back in L.A. but exhausted from the accumulated sleep debt of finals and the trip, with jetlag to boot. Before I sleep in my own bed for the first time in two weeks, a few random thoughts to satisfy my loyal readers until I can supply you with something more substantive.

  • That picture above is of my very sad, very broken heel. There's nothing to say about it, but I am mourning. I've never broken a heel before. It's a milestone of sorts. The sort of milestone that is followed by shoe-shopping, which, come to think of it, is not so rare.
  • I am now the proud co-owner of two items whose second owners live on the East Coast, which means joint trans-Atlantic custody. The first is a Build-a-Bear teddy dressed in a superhero outfit named Em Dash (fighting grammar mistakes everywhere). The second is a singing fish (that story is far, far too long to recount here). What this says about me I'm not sure.
  • Things I miss about the East Coast: used-book stores. Which means when I find one in D.C. that is having a crazy awesome sale in which you can fill up a box of books for a flat fee, I may just buy every journalism-related book there and then some. And then have to double the price to pay for them to be shipped to L.A. Also, I think I need to buy another bookcase.
I'm pretty sure I have much more to report, but I am falling asleep at my computer, so I think I am going to leave that for another day. Suffice it to say, that my East Coast trip was a rousing success, as all East Coast trips are. I got to see a lot of good friends but also missed some people who I desperately wanted to see and didn't get to spend enough time with anyone. And, well, back on this more temperate coast, I miss the better coast. But I'm pretty sure that no matter how long I live here, that won't go away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home