Saturday, April 25, 2009

'Maidens Remain Faithful to Their Coffee'

This is what I learned from Trivial Pursuit today (after I did some Bananagrams/Anagrams drubbing and tragically spilled strawberry soup all over my roommate's Apples to Apples): Bach wrote something called the Coffee Cantata, which is about a girl whose father is making her give up coffee so she can get married. My sister says I cannot let my grandmother know about this or all my coffee will be confiscated.

If I can't drink
my bowl of coffee three times daily,
then in my torment I will shrivel up
like a piece of roast goat.
Mm! how sweet the coffee tastes,
more delicious than a thousand kisses,
mellower than muscatel wine.
Coffee, coffee I must have,


And to continue the theme, a gchat conversation with a friend:

Friend: also, i need to cut my toenails
me: that should be on your to-do list
i believe in eclectic to-do lists
Friend: to-do: clean floors. cut toenails. buy butter
me: fabulous
i normally put something big picture/existential also
like figure out my life
Friend: that one gets a permanent slot
but it's underneath "don't run out of coffee"

1 Comments:

At 4/29/09, 2:14 PM, Blogger bopbeeboop said...

i've *def* put cutting my toenails on my to-do list before

 

Post a Comment

<< Home