Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Football Player Standing on My Teeth

I grind my teeth in my sleep. I think it's related to stress, though who knows? I do know that I woke up on Sunday night at about 3 a.m. after an awful dream in which I did not get into grad school, grinding away. And I consistently wake up with a sore jaw. I am convinced that I am going to end up without any teeth at this rate--and this is me not so stressed out.
 
This article, which notes that grinding your teeth is "like having a large football player standing on the tooth," is thoroughly amusing. And I must agree with the author's assertion that "Even if I wanted a football player in my bed, I certainly wouldn't want him standing on my teeth."
 
Here's hoping the stress abates (thought a friend of mine recently said she thinks I just like being stressed out--it is generally my state of existence), and I get the football player out of my bed...

1 Comments:

At 2/13/08, 7:45 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

Can you get a mouth guard to wear at night?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home