Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thank Goodness

Saturday night found me gluing hard-won glitter (you would not believe how hard it is to find glitter in this city) onto oaktag to make shtick for a friend's wedding, when I get a call from the bride herself. Now, I love this bride a lot, but we are not best friends. I definitely did not expect to hear from her the night before her wedding.

I had asked her a few weeks ago if she knew anyone else coming to her wedding from The Heights (to me, this still sounds like the bar near Columbia not the neighborhood in which I live). She said she'd get back to me. When she didn't, I figured there was no one coming and I made other arrangements.

But the night before her wedding, she called just to let me know she had tried but couldn't find a ride for me. She then went on to let me know that someone who was conceivably from the same group of friends as me but who wasn't really close with anyone would be at the wedding and she just wanted to be sure that this girl would be included in the shtick.

Sometimes, I'm in awe of people's goodness.

1 Comments:

At 1/17/08, 9:24 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

That's really wonderful. I wish there were more people like her. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home