Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Caffeinated Thoughts (Are There Any Other Type?)

"I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee. "

  • I like my coffee as much as the next person, probably more. But a $20,000 coffee machine?
  • One of the copy editors in my office drinks a cup of coffee and about four cans of soda in an eight-hour workday. That is just not healthy. She's about 60 years old, I'd say, and she told me she doesn't have any social life, so I can't imagine why she would be that tired. I mean, I worked with college students who lived on almost no sleep and I never saw anyone consume that much caffeine on a regular basis.
  • Uh. Oh. Apparently, cola can cause kidney problems. This is bad news for my Diet Coke addiction, but even worse news for the copy editor mentioned above. Perhaps I should send her the article.
"For I have known them all already, known them all:--
Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"

2 Comments:

At 1/25/08, 8:15 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

I never used to drink coffee until I started working and they had free (bad) coffee in the office. Then I was made to try real coffee...and I discovered that the office coffee is really, really bad.

 
At 2/14/08, 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously, your colleague should drink four cups of coffee and one diet soda per day instead of vice versa. (McCain drinks 8 a day and he might be President!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home