Friday, June 22, 2007

Headlines on Dog Runners, Lead Paint, and Expensive Camps

I know, I know. I've been away for a while. I'm back, though I can't promise how frequently. We'll see. For now, some articles for your reading pleasure.

  • Maybe I should do this with my free time. Too bad I don't like dogs. And I don't exercise.
  • In which my sister and I wonder if our 2-year-old brother might have had high levels of lead (which led to a house inspection that drove my mother insane) because he was sucking on Thomas the Tank Engine and not because there was lead paint on our walls.
  • Should I feel relieved that there are no Jewish camps on this list of the most expensive camps New Yorkers send their kids to or should I feel gypped that exorbitantly priced Jewish camps can't make the list? My competitive spirit wins out. Also, I never went to sleep-away camp and I like making fun of what my friends' parents paid.
  • Excuse me while I go rub this in my siblings' faces... (Also, while I wonder if The NY Times eploys any copy editors.)

1 Comments:

At 6/24/07, 11:13 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

1) Dog running sounds like such a cool job. :)

2) I hope that you guys didn't end up having one of the lead-paint toys! I was horrified when I heard about the whole thing.

3) What can I say; as jappy as the frum camps are, they can't compete with the high-end WASPy crowd.

4) I have a younger sister, but I suspect that, if anything, she's the smarter of the two of us, so I'm not going to be pushing this one to her...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home