Friday, May 18, 2007

'College Graduate' Has a Nice Ring to It


It's official. I am a college graduate, with a diploma, a huge sleep deficit, and an apple-stained light-blue gown to prove it. (Columbia tradition is for each class to throw something related to their school at the university-wide commencement. Columbia College throws apple cores for the Core Curriculum. We might just throw those apple cores at the engineers and the Barnard girls, who don't have to take the Core. Anyhow, some of them got irate and threw some cores back, but I maintain that the core-throwing is one of Columbia's best traditions.)

More thoughts about graduating later.

"Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
Can we survive it out there?
Can we make it somehow?
I guess I thought that this would never end

And suddenly it's like we're women and men

Will the past be a shadow that will follow us 'round?

Will these memories fade when I leave this town

I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye

Keep on thinking it's a time to fly"

4 Comments:

At 5/18/07, 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barnard WOMEN :-P

 
At 5/18/07, 11:55 AM, Blogger almost_frei said...

MAZEL TOV... BEST WISHES FOR THE FUTURE

 
At 5/21/07, 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I maintain that the core-throwing is one of Columbia's best traditions"--I disagree :-) And I miss you.

 
At 5/30/07, 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazel-tov!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home