Tuesday, February 20, 2007

On Tears

Times I've cried in the past year-and-a-half:

  • A particularly brutal fight with my parents in which they essentially took something away from me because they thought it was just more important for my sister to have it.
  • Maybe when my computer crashed. I know I freaked out and convinced my father to come straight from work to my dorm to fix it, but I'm not sure I actually cried.
  • A very good friend's engagement.
  • Newspaper. Twice. Never while I was editor, both since I entered "retirement." Once because I was having a hard time (still am) finding my place there and once last night after my successor told me in no uncertain terms that he doesn't need my advice/feedback about the job I held for a year and the section I built because he knows everything I could tell him. I did a good job training my staff, but not that good.
I'm not a crier. It really takes a lot of emotional excess to make me cry. So the fact that I've cried twice in the past three weeks really worries me. Not really sure what I'm supposed to do with that...

2 Comments:

At 2/21/07, 2:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a 35 year old Chasidishe male and I cry sometimes - like if I convince myself I have terminal illness or am missing my Father z'l. So there!

 
At 2/21/07, 6:55 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

((((hugs))))

I don't know what else to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home