Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Why You Should Not Register Early for the LSAT

"Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things."

I registered for the LSAT in September. I have since decided that I don't want to be lawyer as of now. Maybe I will one day. Maybe I won't. All I know is that right now I want to be a copy editor. That it's what I love and what I'm good at it and that I do not have an interest in being a lawyer. But I registered for the LSAT in September. Before I knew all that.

And you can only get a nominal part of the price back if you cancel the test. So, I decided I should take them. The score lasts for five years and if in the next five years I decide that I really don't like commas or something, then I'll be able to apply to law school. And by five years from now I expect to have it all figured out.

So, I'm taking the LSAT. On Monday.

Except it's really hard to be motivated to study for a test for admission to a school you don't want to go to. But tests--especially standardized tests--stress me out. And I don't like doing poorly. Ever. Even if it doesn't matter. And let's say, unlikely as it seems, I fall out of love with working from 4 to midnight fixing other people's mistakes and I decide that I want to go to law school, and then I need a good LSAT score.

Just wish me luck.

5 Comments:

At 2/7/07, 5:07 AM, Blogger Karl said...

Good luck.

 
At 2/7/07, 6:04 PM, Blogger Devorah said...

Oh my Eli7 - you will do VERY very well, motivated or not :-)

 
At 2/8/07, 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i second Vora :)

 
At 2/8/07, 7:09 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

Hatzlacha rabba!

 
At 2/10/07, 9:31 PM, Blogger Nephtuli said...

Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home