Saturday, September 24, 2005

Eli7's Deep - and Shallow - Thoughts

What I've been thinking about recently - nothing too earth-shattering...

Be careful what you say, you don't know who around you those words might affect.

Sometimes it's nicer to be surrounded by four people who you really like than by 20 people who you barely know.

Four hours of sleep is not enough.

Granola bars are not pre-wrapped meals.

Do what's right, not what makes you feel good, contrary to popular belief, those are not the same thing.

There is something wrong with a guy who wears a yarmulka dating a non-Jew.

Never underestimate the power of hearing "I love you" from a three-year-old.

4 Comments:

At 9/24/05, 7:09 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Two things:

First, granola bars ARE pre-wrapped meals! In fact, that's what I had for lunch in the Senate caf just yesterday! Maybe not a consistent meal but they'll work well in a jam.

Second, you missed a great ";" opportunity in the sixth paragraph. :(

 
At 9/24/05, 9:11 PM, Blogger Keren Perles said...

So, you finally discovered #3 and #4! I'm so impressed ;)

Wait, so are Diet Coke and cookies still a valid lunch?

#6 - Oy. Ouch.

 
At 9/24/05, 9:30 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

Michael, I beg to differ. I have had enough granola bar meals to know that they do not really count.

Stx, In my defense, it was donuts and diet coke, and it was not a real meal, but I think I knew that.

 
At 9/25/05, 2:57 PM, Blogger defen said...

"Sometimes it's nicer to be surrounded by four people who you really like than by 20 people who you barely know."

Not sometimes - always!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home