Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Dreaming of an iPod - Someday

Ok, I admit it, I've been living in the stone age. I do not own an iPod.

Now, all that was going to change today when I was going to buy one for myself cuz it's about time. I had my heart set on the iPod mini, but today Steve Jobs introduced the mini's replacement - the iPod nano. Now, I don't want the nano, I want the mini, but now I want to wait to see if the mini goes on sale since it's being phased out. So, no iPod for Eli7 yet.

(Sorry, this post had no purpose - it was just a kvetch, but hey, it's my blog and I can do what I want to.)

5 Comments:

At 9/8/05, 8:03 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Not to be a party pooper but, as one who also lives in the "Stone Age" and has never understood why it's so important to have an iPod over, say, an mp3 player or a CD player with mp3-converting capability (Sony makes a pretty good one; you can store 28 hours of music on one cd!), why did yesterday become 'time' for you to get one? I bought one for my sister's birthday but still don't understand why it's such a necessity...

 
At 9/8/05, 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want an ipod, too...but someone's gonna have to buy it for me cuz all my $ is going to fill up my car with gas.

 
At 9/8/05, 8:37 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

The thing is, I don't NEED an iPod, I WANT an iPod, which is one of the reasons I am hesitant to spend the money on it.

I think partially I've been having iPod envy since I came back to school and seem to be the only Columbia student without one, and partially it would leave me less tied to my computer, which is what I generally listen to music on, and it would be convenient for my music class (the prof is posting all the music as mp3s online).

And finally, as I sucked it up yesterday and decided to splurge and buy it (since I live in the city and don't hafta worry about gas prices), my plans were sidetracked. Ah well.

 
At 9/10/05, 9:21 PM, Blogger TRW said...

I feel the exact same way! I want the ipod, can't afford it (lemme know if the mini actually goes on sale ;) ). And I don't wanna get any of the imitations, 'cause I have something like 35 hours of music on my computer, and I want it all!

Alas, for lack of money...

 
At 9/12/05, 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want to buy one because "it's about time" you had one? Sounds a bit un-thought-out to me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home