Thursday, February 10, 2011

Seasons = Missed School Days

Since I moved to L.A., I have made it my mission in life to try to convince everyone I know and love to move here, too. (This practice has the added benefit of forcing me to be positive about L.A. and count its positive attributes. Though, really, I'm just selfish and miss the people I love.) 

I haven't convinced anyone to actually up and move here, but I definitely have convinced many people that they should at least want to move here (you know who you are). Honestly, though, I think it's more about Coffee Bean than me.

When talking to my 8-year-old brother this week, I tried convincing him that he should move here (which seems sort of pointless since he's 8 and doesn't exactly have the wherewithal to move cross-country but whatever) by telling him we don't have any snow here in L.A., to which he responded by asking if we had any seasons here. "Well, sure," I responded. "It gets a little bit colder in the winter. It rains a little. But mostly it's beautiful." This seems to be all pluses in my book. "No, No," he said. "Do you have any seasons that let you miss school?"

Upon revealing that there is nothing comparable to snow days in L.A., he decided he has no interest in moving here.

Oh, well. I tried. I should tell him about Coffee Bean. 

3 Comments:

At 2/10/11, 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I sure miss the days when snow meant no school. Now it means that it is Take Your Daughter To Work Day.

 
At 2/12/11, 7:29 PM, Anonymous Allison said...

California has seasons: rainy, mudslide, earthquake, and forest fire.

 
At 2/12/11, 8:00 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

Yes, but the point was to convince him to move here, not scare him off of ever visiting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home