Saturday, November 20, 2010

Giving the Finger and Other Milestones

Yeah, yeah, it's been a while. I've been busy. I went to my first academic conference, where I learned that I suck at networking and that conferences accept some work that is, shall we say, less than amazing (which means that if I don't get work accepted to these conferences I am going to be even more discouraged because it will mean my work is worse than that work). I also learned that San Francisco is an awesome city (with the exception of its not kosher Coffee Bean, which threw a wrench into my meal plans) and that academics drink a lot of coffee. In other words, not mind-blowing but a good time.

I have also learned that I become an obnoxious driver when I am stressed because I left school at 3:50 and candle lighting is at 4:30. First time I have ever given anyone the finger. And he probably only sort of deserved it. Also, if I gave four years of my life and sleep to a college newspaper, you'd think it could pay me back by filling out my darn survey so I don't fail a class. You'd think, wouldn't you?

Now, I have to write three papers by the end of the semester. Big ones. And grade 220 finals. And host a Thanksgiving dinner (including pumpkin challah!) and celebrate Chanukah (which my 6-year-old brother finds less enjoyable than Pesach—he's insane or gets some really awful Chanuka presents). And then fly off to the cold, cold East Coast, where I will visit many cities to see many fun people.


1 Comments:

At 11/24/10, 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have respect for any woman who does not mind using the finger on those rare occasions when words can not do justice :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home