Sunday, October 24, 2010

1 a.m. Thoughts, Sense Not Guaranteed

At this very moment, I should be constructing a survey. It would help if I knew what the survey was supposed to be on. [Insert shameless idea solicitation here.] In the next week, I have four papers due, which is clearly why I am blogging right now instead of frantically tearing out my hair while trying to read a book I have to review and present on Friday. I'm afraid if I go to sleep now, I'll oversleep in the morning, so clearly the solution is not to go to sleep anytime soon. All of this makes sense in my head. And I'd really like to bake, but I don't really have time even though freshly baked cupcakes (and the physical exertion of creaming butter) may make me feel better. Also, I have eaten rice cakes as a meal at least three or four times in the past week, which I'm pretty sure is not the most nutritious thing I've ever done in my life. Then again, I've probably eaten chocolate for a meal, too, and a few weeks ago I had a mint-chocolate-chip ice cream sandwich (so many hyphenation questions that my brain is going to explode) for breakfast, so maybe rice cakes are a step in the nutritional right direction.

If I read another 10-12 articles (or however many I have opened on my computer) tonight and can come up with a survey-construction hypothesis, then I can go to bed satisfied (and turn off my poor computer, which is begging me for mercy; I had to leave it on over Shabbos because I had downloaded a ridiculous number of articles and didn't have the patience to organize and save them all). So, here's to hoping for some rest for me—and my computer.

1 Comments:

At 10/24/10, 6:48 AM, Blogger Rachelli Dreyfuss said...

I know what you feel like.. whenever I should be doing more productive work, I invariably turn to my blog... (hey, it's also considered productive work!)
hint for keeping awake when you're gonna crash: shower!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home