Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Bizarre and Wonderful World of Shoes




I just discovered "shuella"—that is, a shoe umbrella. It is a hideous contraption. I'm not sure how it works or why anyone would try to make it work. Is it so hard to wear regular rain boots and carry your heels? Would anyone who is so vain as to want to wear beautiful shoes in inclement weather stoop to wearing these on their feet? The answer is no, and this is coming from a girl who ruined two pairs of flats last year before she finally bought her super-cute rain boots

These, though, are genius.

3 Comments:

At 10/28/10, 4:51 AM, Anonymous feefifoto said...

ummm... it's just another word for galoshes. We used to wear those when I was a kid. Ours were not pink.

 
At 10/28/10, 1:13 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

Is that what galoshes are? I always assumed that it was just another word for rain boots. I guess that'll teach me to assume, but I am hoping your not pink galoshes for cute little kid feet were not as hideous as the adult version.

I also always assumed that "knapsack" was a normal word. After being laughed at by an entire class of undergrads for asking them to move their knapsacks, I learned that I was wrong.

 
At 11/9/10, 10:34 PM, Anonymous Beverly said...

The second link explains the need for the first. Who wants to carry around rain boots all day?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home