'Or Maybe Thinking Is Another Kind of Music'
Lyrics that I have found particularly poignant lately (because not everyone obsessively checks my away messages). I'll find some happy songs soon. Really.
- "Cause I've been housing all this doubt and insecurity/ and I've been locked inside that house" —"Be My Escape," Relient K
- "Because I am the king of wishful thinking/ I refuse to give into my blues/ That's not how its gonna be/ And I deny the tears in my eyes" —"The King of Wishful Thinking," New Found Glory
- "I'm not ready to make nice/ I'm not ready to back down/ I'm still mad as hell and/ I don't have time to go round and round and round/ It's too late to make it right/ I probably wouldn't if I could/ 'Cause I'm mad as hell/ Can't bring myself to do what it is you think I should" —"Not Ready to Make Nice," Dixie Chicks
- "When I awoke today, suddenly nothing happened/ But in my dreams, I slew the dragon" —"Waiting for My Real Life to Begin," Colin Hay
- "I'm all out of faith/ This is how I feel/ I'm cold and I am shamed/ Lying naked on the floor/ Illusion never changed/ Into something real/ I'm wide awake/ And I can see/ The perfect sky is torn" —"Torn," Natalie Imbruglia