Saturday, February 27, 2010

Shoes Are Like Friends ... You Can't Have Too Many

Those are my mishloach manot. The bag says, "Shoes are like friends ... you can never have too many." (Sorry for the bad photo quality. I don't think it's my phone so much as the fact that I haven't figured out how to use said phone yet.) Inside are shoe-shaped cookies and plastic champagne glasses filled with jelly beans—sufficiently girly?

But really, this post is about how I have super-amazing friends. My roommate situation has lately had me doubting whether I am a good friend, a good roommate, and a good person. But I am pretty sure I wouldn't have such fantastic friends if I were really that sucky of a person. (And, yes, I did just use the word sucky.)

I have friends who keep me stocked in seasonal Popems since you can't buy them in this ridiculous city. (I have a box of St. Patrick's Day ones open in front of me as we speak, and the friend who sent them is my hero.) Friends who come visit and ones who send me things like a high-heel cookie cutter and an entire box of gifts to open in different situations and balloons on my birthday and a season of Gilmore Girls and homemade cookies and a Coffee Bean gift card and cards and NYC postcards and lots of flip-flop and coffee paraphernalia. I am sure I am missing lots of things because, well, my friends are just that fantastic and have been keeping the postal service busy (which is good because it's not doing so well).

Anyhow, you know who you are, and I love you. And writing about you is oh-so-much more fun than writing my paper proposal.

5 Comments:

At 2/28/10, 12:25 PM, Blogger Maidel said...

omg!
i LOVE those bags!!!!!!
i seriously may copy you for next year - where'd you get them???

 
At 2/28/10, 2:06 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

The Target Dollar Spot (i.e., my happy place). Copy away!

 
At 2/28/10, 7:11 PM, Blogger Shira said...

Good friends are hard to find. I'm glad that you've got a good support system while you're out in LA. Sorry to hear about the roommate craziness - don't worry - it's not a reflection on you. You're great!

 
At 2/28/10, 9:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well if shoes are like friends, you are one amazing, super gorgeous, one of a kind pair! Note: I feel this way and I WAS your roommate--you have nothing to worry about!

 
At 3/1/10, 7:36 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

Ditto what Allison said, even though I never had the privilege of living with you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home