Deep Thoughts: The Bad Day Edition
"It has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. My mom says some days are like that. Even in Australia."
- Having friends visit is amazing. But when they leave and you can deflate the air mattress that may or may not have been half under your desk for a week, it's sad.
- I broke one of my cardinal rules last week. I bought makeup even though it didn't come with a free gift just so I could get parking validation. That means something profound about me, I am sure, but I am too tired to figure out what.
- My new phone is much, much smarter than I am, and now I can check my e-mail from anywhere. Considering how addicted I already am to my e-mail, I am not sure how good that is.
- Stress baking isn't really effective when your kitchen stresses you out.
- Confusion is not a state of mind I like.
- When you have a really bad day, it's really good to have a friend with whom you can take a walk—and then drink coffee.