Thursday, January 08, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Some new favorite things:
  • Settlers of Canaan. Brought to you by the same people who brought you Settlers of Catan , this game, though, involves some crazy Biblical components, like a plague instead of a robber, four random shevatim (Naphtali, Asher, Yissachar, and Zevulan), building Jerusalem, and an army of priests. It also took us four hours to play it through.
  • Eyebrow threading. Glad you asked, huh? And maybe favorite is not quite the right word for this. How about useful and significantly less painful than it sounds.
  • Potholders. This one has become sort of a necessity as the burns on my hands can attest to (though one of those is from a blow dryer, so whatever). The plan is to pick some up whenever I get the chance to make the trek to Target. Perhaps I'll even be all healthy and sporty and walk the 40 blocks. Unlikely.
  • Yes Pecan ice cream (in honor of Obama ). I haven't actually tried the ice cream, but it's sort of like my sister's theory on Imagine Whirled Peace ice cream. With a name like that, it has to be good.
  • Barnes & Noble free same-day shipping. I'm more of an Amazon girl myself, but this is pretty much fantastic. Your book comes the same day if you live in Manhattan. And it's free if your order is more than $25.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home