Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What's in a Name?

I have many siblings with many names, so I will be sort of limited in the names I can give my own children. My sister and I went through some possibilities on Pesach last year (we were very, very bored), and still available are: Gad, Atnial, Knaz, Pooah, Shamgar, Aminadav, Chuldah, Noach, Shem, Rachel, Calev, Avraham, Yitzchak, Yaakov (my parents are not such big fans of the avot, apparently), Menashe, Chagla, Orpah, Chabakuk, Matityahu, and a few others.
 
Point being, my siblings and I may have to get a little creative when we have children of our own. But not as creative as the Palins can be. First, Sarah Palin had Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper, and Trig. Now her daughter has Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston, which is more than a mouthful.
 
I've definitely considered the "Boy Named Sue" camp (builds character), but there's a limit to how cruel you want to be to your children that early in life.    

2 Comments:

At 12/30/08, 7:46 PM, Blogger Scraps said...

Well, you could always name one of them the word verification that just came up for me, which was Chareela. That sounds kind of like it could be something in Hebrew, right? :-P

 
At 1/4/09, 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why cant your children have the same name as your siblings. I understand not giving the same name as your grandparents or parents but why not siblings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home