Thursday, December 04, 2008

NYT Asks, 'What Recession?'

I am not a fan of pantyhose in any variation, which is why my stocking-less legs are currently quite cold (it was that or the stiletto-heeled boots and coldness won out over pain at least until tonight, when I might switch it up). But I respect other people's legwear choices, so long as they don't tell me my pedicured toenails aren't tznius.

And I even might understand the choice of funky tights if you can pull them off. I might even own a pair or two. But I cannot understand why anyone would pay $405 for the pair above. Or any pair. $405, really? For a pair of tights? That is going to rip sooner than later because that's what tights do?
 
Also, if you were going to make a recession gift guide, don't you think you'd leave off the $130 moisturizer, the $150 book covers painted on wood blocks, and the $37 scissors "for cutting coupons"? (Although I am very tempted by the $99 Connect-Four, though frustrated by the inability to link to individual slides in the slide show.)
 
This gift guide effort was a little better in that it only includes gifts that are $25 or less, but who really wants shredder scissors (don't know what the scissors obsession is), cheese tools, soap shaped like rain boots, or plastic household brushes?

2 Comments:

At 12/4/08, 8:31 PM, Blogger Scraps said...

$405 for a pair of tights?! Heck, I'm a tights-wearer and there's no way in heck I'd ever dream of paying that much for a pair of tights. Not even if I was rolling in money.

Also, the NYT isn't the only paper with a ridiculous gift guide this season - the stupid free papers are just as absurd.

 
At 12/8/08, 9:15 PM, Blogger Shira said...

Thermals... it's all about the thermals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home