Thursday, December 04, 2008

NYT Asks, 'What Recession?'

I am not a fan of pantyhose in any variation, which is why my stocking-less legs are currently quite cold (it was that or the stiletto-heeled boots and coldness won out over pain at least until tonight, when I might switch it up). But I respect other people's legwear choices, so long as they don't tell me my pedicured toenails aren't tznius.

And I even might understand the choice of funky tights if you can pull them off. I might even own a pair or two. But I cannot understand why anyone would pay $405 for the pair above. Or any pair. $405, really? For a pair of tights? That is going to rip sooner than later because that's what tights do?
 
Also, if you were going to make a recession gift guide, don't you think you'd leave off the $130 moisturizer, the $150 book covers painted on wood blocks, and the $37 scissors "for cutting coupons"? (Although I am very tempted by the $99 Connect-Four, though frustrated by the inability to link to individual slides in the slide show.)
 
This gift guide effort was a little better in that it only includes gifts that are $25 or less, but who really wants shredder scissors (don't know what the scissors obsession is), cheese tools, soap shaped like rain boots, or plastic household brushes?

3 Comments:

At 12/4/08, 8:31 PM, Blogger Scraps said...

$405 for a pair of tights?! Heck, I'm a tights-wearer and there's no way in heck I'd ever dream of paying that much for a pair of tights. Not even if I was rolling in money.

Also, the NYT isn't the only paper with a ridiculous gift guide this season - the stupid free papers are just as absurd.

 
At 12/4/08, 10:44 PM, Blogger Mberenis said...

I'd like to Post a CommentThe recession really isn't that bad if you know where to look. The bailout money is spilling over to us believe it or not. I've done research and found that there is more money than what you think...

Bailout Spillover

 
At 12/8/08, 9:15 PM, Blogger Shira said...

Thermals... it's all about the thermals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home