Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Happy Pink Month


I support breast cancer research and awareness. Really I do. I mean, they're not really the sort of things you can be against. Really I think they're important and great and all those good things. But, aren't there better ways to promote breast cancer awareness than making EVERYTHING pink? I mean, my lettuce bag is pink, and my mother's new frying pan is pink, and the chocolate wrappers are pink.

I have this childhood-borne aversion to pink. I just don't like the color. I want to be able to support breast cancer awareness without every single modern convenience turning pink. Is that too much to ask?

1 Comments:

At 10/18/07, 6:27 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

I went through a period when I loathed all things pink. I've gotten over it to some degree (it helps that I get compliments whenever I wear it), but I'm still not a huge pink person, I can relate. The pink ribbons were enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home