Monday, September 17, 2007

Your Closet's So Shallow ...

... It Makes Paris Look Deep.


So, I love the Manhattan Mini Storage ad campaign. I think it's ingenious and I love that it appeals to people's political opinions and that it could only work in New York City (I heart NY) and that it makes me laugh.

(Though I would note that this one--with a hanger and the message "Your closet space is shrinking as fast as her right to choose"--is really, really disturbing on very many levels and significantly less funny than the rest.)

But I find it even more amusing that in response to criticism about their ads, they've put up ads encouraging people to vote on whether they should have "edgy ads" or "just the facts." You can vote on the Web site.

If I ever need storage and am willing to pay for it (as opposed to putting my stuff at the mercy of my parents and vicious siblings for free), they totally have my business.

1 Comments:

At 9/18/07, 7:23 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

I've seen the Cheney ad, and it made me smile the first couple times I saw it. I never saw the one with the hanger before, though, and I agree that it is seriously disturbing. There is a difference between "edgy" and in poor taste, and I think that one crossed a line.

Thankfully, I have no vicious siblings at home, and my parents basically don't touch my room when I'm not there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home